In the early hours of Monday, February 6th, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck
southeastern Turkey and northwestern Syria, followed by a second earthquake of
magnitude 7.5. The earthquakes have resulted in over 12,873 reported deaths in Turkey
and nearly 3,162 reported in Syria, with thousands still buried under rubble and struggling
with severe weather conditions. A total of 65,000+ people have been reported injured.
“I hear the voices of my parents, children, and wife, but I can’t reach them.
Please help us.” — A Syrian father in NW Syria said.
“We are sleeping under the sky, they rescued my two daughters and me, but my
mom is still missing,” — A Syrian refugee in Antakya said.
What Has Mozaic Been Doing Since?
- Contacted the Turkish First Lady’s office to convey our concerns for the
Syrian refugees in the damaged areas in Turkey and the Syrian Turkish border.
- We sent the first humanitarian winter drive on Feb. 6 to Antakya with the
help of volunteers and Turkish Airlines.
- We created an emergency donation link to send to Turkey for faster
response to the disaster.
- We called for a prayer gathering on Thursday, Feb. 9, for the sake of
easement to survivors and lost people in Syria and Turkey.
- We are cooperating with the Diyanet Center of America to collect medical
aid, hygiene items, and winter clothes during the week to send to Turkey on
Sunday, Feb. 12
How Can You Help?
- As we hear daily updates about the devastating earthquake that has impacted
Syria & Turkey, our thoughts are with those affected. In times of crisis, we must
come together and support those in need. You can make a difference by
donating to local organizations sending Emergency relief drives and
organizations working on the ground to provide aid and support to those affected.
Your financial and in-kind support can help provide essential supplies, shelter,
and assistance to those who need it most.
- Donate to White Helmets https://www.whitehelmets.org/en/
- Donate to Diyanet Center Emergency Earthquake Relief
- Donate to Mozaic Syria & Turkey Humanitarian Aid
- Join our prayer initiative on Thursday, Feb. 9, between Maghreb & Isha.
- Bring your in-kind donations to Diyanet Center on Saturday, Feb. 11,
between 10 am-1 pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday, Feb. 11, from 10 am-5 pm to sort and pack the in-
kind donations to prepare them for departure to Turkey.
- Contact Mozaic at 202-989-9000 for any questions or concern
Every act of kindness can help bring hope and comfort to those affected by the
earthquake. Let’s come together and show support for those in need. Thank you
for your generosity and compassion.